Tuesday 3 November 2015

Men’s easy beanie crochet pattern

This is an easy man’s beanie to crochet.

For this beanie, I used Mondial Merino Special Superwash 12 ply yarn (50g, 75m, 60% wool and 40% acrylic). This yarn is lovely to use and has a soft yet chunky finish.

Using a 6mm hook, each man sized beanie uses about 1 and a half balls of yarn.

Pattern:

I used the excellent beanie instructions provided by The Lazy Hobbyhopper (click here).

For my man sized beanie, and following the Hobbyhopper pattern, I started with 2 chain and then crocheted 8 dc into second chain from hook. As per this pattern, I then increased each row for 7 rows, doing one single crochet at the start of each row and then a double crochet into the same stitch as the beginning double crochet. I then crocheted four more rows of 1 dc in each dc from previous row. To add a rib finish, I used the hat ribbing pattern provided by Recycle Cindy (click here), doing 4 rows of ribbing.

The end product is a very comfy beanie that has good stretchiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment